We believe that…
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God created the universe and pronounced it good.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God visible in a body, born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless human life. During his earthly ministry he did miracles. He died in our place to atone for our sins. He was buried, and on the third day arose from the dead. He ascended into Heaven. He is the only Mediator and Saviour of the world. He will personally return in power and authority.
- Humankind, male and female, was created in the image of God, with consequent dignity, delegated authority and creation stewardship. As a result of the Fall, all people are lost and sinful, in need of salvation.
- Salvation is available only through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ and his salvation are received by repentance and faith, apart from human effort, as the Holy Spirit brings about new birth.
- The Holy Spirit indwells, empowers and equips each believer, who is hereby obliged and enabled to live a holy life, to witness and to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in His Kingdom concerns, including worship, prayer, evangelism, discipling, compassion, justice and righteousness.
- All believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are spiritually united with each other. These comprise the Church, the Body of Christ of which He is Head.
- All the dead will be raised on the Last Day; those who are saved to eternal life and those who are lost to eternal condemnation.